Discredit & isolate the victim
Play the victim and/or hero
Label the victim inferior
Hurt the victim for spite
Most abusers simply want what they want and will not be denied without unleashing a torrent of phony martyrdom and vicious slander all about you and how you are an abuser.
The smear campaigner needs to make their audience think they are a perfectly innocent person who was shockingly blindsided by your supposed evil, unreasonability, overemotionality or mental instability. Smear campaigners’ goals are to create mistrust of you, fear of you, and condemnation of you.
…they may admit that they have done something very minor, but that your response to it is outrageously unreasonable (or completely incompetent).
Lies of the smear campaigner include statements and insinuations that you are mentally ill, incompetent, untrustworthy, irrational, or unreasonable. The smear campaigner does this so that if your legitimate upset shows, the observer will attribute it to irrationality, ill intent, or instability, and not to a normal reaction to mistreatment.
The Smear Campaign
The Smear Campaign
- The Smear Campaign—Trademark of the Sociopath
- How to Make the Narcissist Powerless to Affect Your Life Leyulela.com
- Cluster B Smear Campaigners SalemWitchHunt.wordpress.com
Because they are either in
denial, or they simply deny.
Sociopaths are skilled deniers. Where the rest of us would stutter or blush, they can lie with a convincing confidence. They pose as authorities and, to discourage questions, they act “offended” if their audience shows doubt. An arrogant manner indicates a lifetime of “successful” manipulative control tactics and contempt for other people, who they regard as inferior.
- DARVO—Deny, Attack, Reverse Victim/Offender
- INDIRECT Abusers (acoarecovery.wordpress.com)
- Psychological Abuse : A Silent Abuse (janaandthestone.wordpress.com)
- Emotional Abuse (toddlohenry.com)
- 10 Early Warning Signs of an Abuser (sbstardust3.wordpress.com)
- Denial (menbuildingbridges.wordpress.com)
Do humans have in-built morality? BBC’s Horizon shows how scientists looking into the minds of babies and criminals are rewriting our ideas of right and wrong.
By Daisy Grewal at
Lovefraud’s mission is to educate the public about sociopaths, and one way to do that is by working with the media. We hope to interest the media in producing stories about disordered personalities, the damage they cause, and how to spot dangerous people before becoming involved.
Personality disordered people lack this capacity.
is a control freak. He finds pleasure in causing pain to others and thrives on the sense of power it brings. If not also physically abusive, he is an emotional bully; manipulating, overpowering, and tormenting his victims. Children, having no escape, suffer lifelong consequences at the hands of a narcissistic parent.
- Emotional Vampires at Work (mheasiabusiness.com)
- The dripping tap of emotional abuse in the Sociopath and Narcissist relationship (paularenee.wordpress.com)
- The Cycle Of Abuse In a Relationship with the Sociopath or Narcissist (lessonsbank.wordpress.com)
- Narcissists are highly abusive people…. (healingfromcomplextraumaandptsd.wordpress.com)
- Leaving the Narcissist (wendypowell.ca)
Narcissistic Supply (Wikipedia)
Narcissistic Supply (The Narcissistic Life)
Narcissistic Supply (Daughters of Narcissistic Mothers)
Narcissists, Narcissistic Supply and Sources of Supply (Sam Vaknin)
of a Sociopath
• • •
She’s a successful law professor and a Sunday school teacher, with a host of family and friends. But her interpersonal calculus centers on how to manipulate and outmaneuver the many people in her life. Welcome to a world of ruthless cost-benefit analysis, charm, and grandiosity.
By M.E. Thomas, published May 7, 2013.
Last reviewed on May 19, 2013.
- On being a Sociopath, as told by a Sociopath (carlarenee45.wordpress.com)
- Law Professor Admits To Being a Sociopath (thecollegefix.com)
- Here’s How A Successful Lawyer Knew For Sure She Was A Sociopath (businessinsider.com)
- The Secret Life of a Sociopath Like Me (smh.com.au)
is one year old! Get it now and…
instantly get all three brand new guides…
A psychopath knows how to get people to sympathize with him and turn them against the target of his abuse. Manipulating people is an entertaining game for a psychopath. He enjoys feeling powerful and superior as he watches his unsuspecting ‘pawns’ subject his target to criticism, blame, abuse, and rejection.
You’re an honest, forthright person. You take your obligations seriously. You would never dream of taking advantage of someone—so when a sociopath takes advantage of you, you won’t see it coming. If you play by the rules, know this:
Read more at LoveFraud.com.
Author Jack Pemment writes:
“I feel sorry for any therapist who diagnoses a
- Understanding the Sociopath: Cause, Intention, Relationships (psychologytoday.com)
- Antisocial personality disorder: the hidden epidemic (oup.com)
The ‘Almost Psychopaths’ Among Us
By Deborah Becker and Kathleen McNerney July 13, 2012 Most people think of psychopaths as those who commit horrible acts: brutal murders or enormous fraud. But maybe they’re not. Maybe they’re our neighbors, co-workers or family members who — while not exactly serial killers — might be what some are calling the “almost psychopath.”
Harvard Medical School associate professor of psychiatry Ronald Schouten and former federal prosecutor and current criminal defense attorney James Silver spoke with WBUR’s Deborah Becker about their latest book “Almost a Psychopath: Do I (or Does Someone I Know) Have a Problem with Manipulation and Lack of Empathy?”
- Wonder What Psychopathic Killers and Politicians Have In Common? A Lot! (dvorak.org)
- Bosses urged to watch for workplace psychopaths (abc.net.au)
- Are You or Someone You Love An ‘Almost Psychopath’? (maureenabivinsphd.com)
- Eric Barker: Which Professions Have The Most Psychopaths? (huffingtonpost.com)
Stonewallers, whether sociopaths or not, are seriously disturbed communicators. Their indifference to the stonewalled party’s experience can be chilling. Their stonewalling often reflects character pathology, in which case they won’t change—they will always be stonewallers.
The Skilled Liar
Abusers tend to be comfortable lying, having years of practice (and no qualms,) and so can sound believable when making baseless statements. The abuser benefits when people feel too uncomfortable to ask a seemingly sincere, respectable person to substantiate a claim, or fail to look closely at evidence—if not ignore it—because of his charm or perceived authority. He also benefits when people believe that they can “just tell” who is lying and who is telling the truth, and so fail to adequately investigate.
Find out more:
Men who hate women
If most members of a group are honest and intelligent, then evil people will be identified and excluded. When most members have psychopathic traits, the honest and intelligent people are identified and excluded! In a psychopath-controlled environment, it’s the honest people who seem defective and deviant.
Other psychopathy articles:
- Psychopath “code of ethics”
- How to Act Like a Psychopath without Really Trying [Excerpt]
- Vulnerabilities exploited by manipulators
- Psychopaths Rule The World.
- ‘Uhs’ and ‘Ums’: Among the Verbal Tics of Psychopaths
- Identifying Psychopaths
Heterosexual women bear the brunt of narcissistic heterosexual men’s hostility, according to a 2010 study.
Narcissists’ lack of empathy, feelings of entitlement, and perceptions of being deprived of ‘deserved’ admiration and gratification can make them prone to aggression and vengeance.
The results from this study reveal that straight men’s narcissism is linked to an adversarial and angry stance toward straight women more than toward other groups. Although narcissists may want to maintain feelings of superiority and power over all people, narcissistic heterosexual men are particularly invested in subordinating heterosexual women because they are “gatekeepers in men’s quest for sexual pleasure, patriarchal power and status,” the study authors explain.
Another conclusion from the study is that male narcissists believe that heterosexual relationships should be patriarchal rather than egalitarian.